Thursday, June 14, 2007

The 2-part entry (Part 1)

Well well well, i've finally recovered enough from my bA_Comm camp to post an update! First off, my papers are over! Cost Managerial Accounting (CMA) was a disaster. I think i'd get half a mark out of the last 16 mark part! and i didn't mug for Principals of Marketing (PMKT) so i'm pretty much banking on dumb luck and english prowess to get through. Though i predict that PMKT would turn out better than CMA. A numerical nightmare as i would put it. But let's put academic stumbling aside no?

Booked into Comm Camp 3 last Sunday and never looked back. It was tremendous fun and i knew that i wouldn't be enjoying it fully because of my golf appreciation workshop on Wednesday. That meant that i would book out on Tuesday after activities to head home to rest for golfing! What an unfortunate coincidence! And dear me, i think my good memory is failing! i had thought that Yani's party was on Saturday, but it turned out to be on Sunday! my hearing might be failing me as well, because i misheard Arthur telling me to book in at 10 p.m. instead of 8.30 a.m. My daily disillusions disturb my well-being.

And so i booked out halfway through day 0 to head down to the other side of the planet (aka Tampines) for Yani's birthday! Jolly fun and good food mostly. Though i'm not particularly attracted to television programmes, i guess its a good update to the going-ons on MTV. Not that i really need it, but hey, let's make the best of things. I then had a really long train journey back to Clementi. Thankfully i had Jolene and Cheryl for company.

I'm not going to bore you with camp details, although they're very interesting details! No i'm not contradicting myself. Its just that some things i'd like to keep in my head! But certain highlights!
  • Getting to meet and greet so many freshmen! I love strangers. (in a good way)
  • Being one of the game masters and being armed with a water gun = Spraying mayhem!
  • Getting to play Doom: The Boardgame! I taught 2 more people, and i had a 2 marine game! Tremendous fun, too bad i was kinda sleepy after the day's activities
  • "You should be dancing!" Retro fever, Nuff' said!
  • Shared some singing skills and experiences with the freshmen (pseudo-trainer! *grin*)
  • Had good water fun at WAR GAMES! water does bring people together!
  • The Queen's Ball was truly the ball yo!
  • Nostalgic flashback to Comm Camp 2 actually, but no tears.
And so i left for home at 6.30 a.m. Wednesday morning. I was way too tired and had to take a nap. Then i rushed to and fro and reached school at 8.25 a.m. just in time to catch the bus for golf appreciation! but that's another story for another time.

A few wishes for the final flourish to this entry!

Happy Belated Birthday Clement! Hope you get your girl, and don't be shy about it!

Happy Belated Birthday Yani and Zul! You know we love you! At least i know i do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home