Sunday, June 17, 2007

The 2-part entry (Part 2)

So we headed out for Seletar. Yes, the other side of the universe, located deep within the wilderness, flanked by sporadic landed properties. It really looked like the rural parts of Malaysia that i've seen when i went for a vacation. But enough about the place.

I wasn't too interactive on my journey to the country club. i had meant to leave on Tuesday night from camp, but as circumstances and destiny dictates, i only left on Wednesday morning. There goes my essential sleep-time. Upon boarding the bus, i promptly fell asleep, plugged into my mp3s on my PSP. The journey was about an hour, as i would like to believe, because i woke up with a backache.

So i entered a small LT with my fellow TRM compatriots to listen to an introduction to the game of golf. i was bored and sleepy, so i was dozing off. needless to say, i didn't know my eagles from my albatrosses when i left the theatre for a guided tour around the country club. personally i think Singapore is too small to entertain golf courses, we need more land! maybe we should explore the possibilities of subterranean and underwater housing. or some other random super-technology. okay i'm rambling again.

lunch at the country club was okay. chicken rice, but the rice was nicer than the chicken. so no seconds for me that time. the cordial was alright too, not too sweet/bland. and then finally, to the crux of the bloody workshop! the actually golfing!

we were kinda split up, so my side did the driving range and chipping. this is the fun part, focusing on not spraining my back and having a great time simultaneously. i didn't strain my back, and my wayward golf balls didn't strike any hapless strangers or animals (i hope.) i still maintain my stand that its a bloody expensive sport. i'll stick to my boardgames.

and then, it ended. we went back home. i fell asleep in my bed. bliss.

Happy Birthday Petrina! Getting drunk is bad, but getting high is ohh, sooo gooooooooooooooooooooood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home