Saturday, August 16, 2008

A slow blast from the near past.

So... the last post pretty much said nothing about my life here, other than missing National Day.

Here's the entry proper. What i really wanted to say the last time was that I was living one occasion everyday. On the seventh was the Chinese Valentine's Day, which on the lunar calendar was the 7th of July, when it was technically the 7th of August. Nothing much for me that day, couldn't even talk to my girlfriend.

On the eighth was the Beijing Olympics opening, and incidentally i had work so i totally missed it. Not that it was a big deal for me because i don't watch TV and i never was a big sports fan. I always miss World Cups, Superbowls, Premier Leagues and Olympics. The only thing that i have more interest in is maybe the X Games. That's just me i guess. Also, this day was the day when the other overseas interns officially end their attachment so i guess that struck me as more significant. I was envious really, that they could return to Singapore already, while i was still stuck here with the erratic weather of Hohhot. By the way, the temperature these few days fell back to 21 degree Celsius from 29. Fucking insane i tell you.

By the time i get back i'll be pretty much weather-proof. Like a camping tent.

On the ninth was Singapore's National Day, and i was still working. Didn't catch any live telecasts over the net though i heard that other than the Black Knights and the fireworks it was pretty much, you know, dull like every year. Not that China has an lack of fireworks, they get a go at it almost every week, and plus there's the damn noisy firecrackers, at every - single - wedding. pfft, but i wouldn't mind catching the Singapore Fireworks Festival, not that i'll be back in time for it.

Sigh.

Yesterday (the fifteenth for those of you who are clueless about the date today,) was the start of the Chinese Ghost Festival. Not that i'm fearful or something, i'm just respectful. And yet i still stayed out till about 1.30 a.m. at a local karaoke. They're almost as superstitious as we are back in Singapore, at least from what i see and hear.

Finally, to end this post on a very positive and shiny note, my last working day is on the 29th of August! I might or might not drop by Beijing for a bit of shopping and photography, but i'll be back in time for my 24th birthday. I'm hoping hard for this. I still need to buy a bunch of gifts for friends back in Singapore, and i'm looking forward to shopping!

Actually this OIAP has really been good to me, and i mean to say it outside of the scope of the benefits of OIAP. Just before my OIAP i had enough days to go for NPSU FOC, and right after that, i have enough days of clearance to go for Challengers!

Its almost like if you hope hard enough for something, it just might come true. Or Mathiaus is just a lucky dog. I'd like to believe both sentences are true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home